Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 89

Thread: Greatest Hits

  1. #31
    Inactive Member zach with an h's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2006
    Posts
    130
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i agree. but Live At The Roxy is a better greatest hits album that this one.

  2. #32
    Inactive Member RnROutlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    198
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I prefer the artwork, the old unofficial one was not really social d style. But it would also be a good one for the next studio record [img]wink.gif[/img]
    Yea, we don't need a greatest hits album, we need a rare tracks/never released demos album. If this is for Sum41 and Good Charlotte fans.. I've my doubts that it will be successful.
    A worldwide tour, nice.. but also boring without a new studio record, without a complete different setlist.

  3. #33
    Inactive Member mikeehowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    371
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    These songs are something I would expect to see on those "20th Century Masters" collections you see at Best Buy for like $8 with only 10 songs of the band on them.

    Where can one see the old album artwork?

  4. #34
    Inactive Member Jack Hanson's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2007
    Posts
    84
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    originally posted by NubusfromDC
    Wunderbar!!!Hey Jack and Thumpy come to the north to see the Hamburg and Berlin shows.Btw. Jack i'm sorry that i'm so late to thank you for the cd. Its great but you said it: Its a differend style like the new ones as Bakerfield for example.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Hey Nubus, no prob man, yeah it?s time to record some new songs. And when we got the Tour-Dates we?ll talk again, maybe we could arrange something then

  5. #35
    spomaxman
    Guest spomaxman's Avatar

    Post

    I understand that "Greatest Hits" albums are not for the hardcore fans. So, with that being said... why would you put a new song like "Far Behind" on the greatest hits record? Surely, it won't mean a damn thing to people who are interested in just the hits because they won't know that song. The only people who would really have an interest in that song are the hardcore fans, for the most part. Hardcore fans already own all these songs, except the new one. To me it's obvious that they want the hardcore fans to now pay $12 (or so) for one song, some cover art, and maybe some linear notes. What a rip. Like I said, I've been a fan for a long time and I'll still be a fan for many many years to come, but I realy think this is crap. If it's meant for the non-hardcore fans, then don't put one new song on there. Save that song for the next album. It drives me nuts when bands do this because it's clearly about the money. Live at the Roxy (even though I really don't care too much for the style of recording... way too much vocals and weak sounding guitar) is a better example of their history than this greatest hits album. With recent crap like selling their songs for romantic comedies (The Breakup) and now this greatest hits thing... I feel like they're... uh... I just can't get myself to say it.

  6. #36
    Inactive Member BadLuckLuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 6th, 2004
    Posts
    427
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by jen415:
    I hope for the German board members that "worldwide" isn't just a fancy way to say the band was in Canada last week.

    <font color="#FFFF00"><font size="1">[ May 01, 2007 02:47 PM: Message edited by: jen415 ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">I'm not really overjoyed by the greatest hits CD but WORLDWIDE tour?

    That sure as shit better include Australia if it happens cos it's eastern seaboard roadtrip for Lukey boy here!

  7. #37
    Inactive Member nubus's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2006
    Posts
    177
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by jen415:
    I hope for the German board members that "worldwide" isn't just a fancy way to say the band was in Canada last week.

    <font color="#FFFF00"><font size="1">[ May 01, 2007 02:47 PM: Message edited by: jen415 ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Hey Jen! You'r so bitchy! Canada is not the rest of the world.Its the Bay Area [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  8. #38
    Inactive Member RnROutlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    198
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yea yea.. which of these songs are really not often published by Social D?

    Another State Of Mind*#'+?$
    Mommy's Little Monster*#'+(?)$
    Prison Bound*'$
    Story Of My Life*#'+?$
    Ball And Chain*#'+?$
    Ring Of Fire*#'+$
    Bad Luck*#'+$?
    When The Angels Sing'+$?
    I Was Wrong*'+?$
    Reach For The Sky'?$
    Far behind

    Roxy *
    LIOC #
    studio record '
    7"/CD/Promo CD +
    official promo vid/Soundtrack.. ?
    usual private bootleg/played live $

    These are greatest hits for shure but this stuff starts to bore me. I would prefer a nice 7inch EP with far behind and maybe two new recordings of classic stuff. That could be Sick Boys and Dear Lover for example. When the angels sing would also be ok. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Maybe that wouldbe an alternative for us, from the band to fans who own all official records/vids/promos. [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

  9. #39
    Inactive Member TERK's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 24th, 2007
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Again no Sick Boys. First on the Live At The Roxy and now on the Greatest Hits Album? I agree with the person who said they would rather see an album with unrealesed material. Oh well.

  10. #40
    Inactive Member jen415's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2005
    Posts
    641
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by nubusfromdc:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="verdana, arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Originally posted by jen415:
    I hope for the German board members that "worldwide" isn't just a fancy way to say the band was in Canada last week.

    <font color="#FFFF00"><font size="1">[ May 01, 2007 02:47 PM: Message edited by: jen415 ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Hey Jen! You'r so bitchy! Canada is not the rest of the world.Its the Bay Area [img]tongue.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Well, in baseball we have the World Series, that's only the US and Canada. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •